Friday, August 03, 2007

 

In Fair Weather, I Saw My Love

I went to the county fair four times from Monday to Friday, in total spending more than a full day there. I don't like the fair that much; I'm just whipped. Perhaps that should be 'didn't like:' I had fun this year. Alisha was at the fair with her horses, and I came to keep her company. In the morning I would show up, and I would stay with her all day, making myself useful whenever I could. For three days I did this, and by the end, I would say I am pretty comfortable around horses now. I was never afraid of them, exactly, but it can be pretty intimidating to stand next to a large horse if you have never been around them. I stopped in today again, the horses had left Wednesday night, so I just kept Alisha company as she took care of her calf. All told, it was a good experience, if a long, hot, and tiring one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?