Monday, December 25, 2006

 

Presents are my Least Favorite Part of Christmas

It may sound blasphemous, but it's true. I like the time off of school, and I greatly enjoy time with family and friends, but the presents bother me. I don't like having my parents spend money on things I don't need, or even really want. It just seems a huge waste.
I enjoyed christmas eve, though. We went to Andersons for supper, and played Tripoli afterward. We then went to 10:00 Mass, which was nice. The choir sang "Night of silence," which was kinda fun.

Comments:
You know, Gimpus, I'm with you on this one. I'm not a big fan of presents, either. I always feel weird accepting them and I always feel guilty if I don't absolutely love whatever it is I just accepted.

However, occasionally, you get something nice that you do absolutely love. Once, my wife got me a Wisconsin Badgers hockey jersey--something I'd wanted all my life.

Another time, she bought me my first guitar.

Those were okay presents. Everything else...it's just stuff. It's nice to have, but you don't really need/want it.

C'est la vie, I guess.
 
that doesn't sound blasphemous to me, and I understand the the feeling of guilt like Little said if it wasn't something you really wanted. it's confusing. I really liked seeing all my family on Christmas Eve though, and friday I get to see the other side in Wisconsin. Hope all of you had a great Christmas though!
~Helen
 
Ya presents suck, especially when your family does not know you well enough to select a gift for you and you have to order your own off the 'net with your moms credit card.
 
u use lots of big words and i cant understand any of em but its kool, keep talkin wit ur big fancy words...lets see how dumb i make you feel when i use the longest word in the dictionary in a sentence, and then spell it right in front of your face!!! how would u like that???? huh?? haha, jk...u prolly already know how 2 spell the longest word in the dictionary =]
 
wow josh is extra special
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?