Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Stupid, Stupid Animals

...And they still outsmarted me. We hunted saturday (not enought, apparently everyone thought someone else was setting an alarm) and sunday, and didnt get a thing
sunday I saw four deer, and dad and Corey both got shots off, but we still came home with nothing. Stupid Venisons. Dad went out on tuesday and saw nothing, but we may still go out next sunday. Corey shot two deer with his family, just to rub it in. Anyway, I need to thank the Guenthers for loaning me the stick I carried around.

Comments:
I know how that goes. I get desparate if I don't have a deer close to the end of the season, can't stand the thought of no venison all year long! Hey if you do end up getting something, or if Corey wants help butchering, I'm really good at trimming fat and butterflying chops ;) I'd love to help if you guys need an extra hand, just let me know! Good luck if you do go out again
~Helen
 
I'm not that crazy... most of the time... okay maybe I am... =b
 
I didn't mean it literally, Corey. It is just very ironic.
 
sure I am Corey... funny thing is I had the same problem with my little buck I shot, Dad was in a hurry and it wouldn't die so he cut it's throat, twice. =P but after the comment about shooting it for Anna's car... I don't think I'm that insane! lol
~Helen
 
venison is the best!
if you go to Hy-Vee and get the Mickey Gilly's marinade, that works real good on steak. It says marinate it for 30 minutes, but just leave it in the fridge for 2-3 days and slap it on the grill for a few minutes, it's awesome!
Brandon's probably annoyed at us talking fresh venison when he has none... aw ; )
~Helen the Hunter
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?