Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

O Cheryl Tri, O Cheryl Tri

Well, on Monday Men's Ensamble, minus one sick Jordan, got out of first block to take a trip to Mayo (the hospital). The whole purpose of our trip was to sing to Cheryl while she was recieving Chemotherepy. When we first reached mayo we stopped in a lobby to practice once. we stood in a circle and sang, and, to my amazement, people began to stop and watch us. After one of the songs I remember looking up, and seeing people on a balcony a floor above us, clapping. After our run-through it was up to the tenth floor to see cheryl. Ben, who was leading our group, walked past her door at first, but when that was corrected, it was time to perform. Our songs, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Sixteen Tons, and Vive L'Amour, went well, very well, I was quite happy. When we had finished singing, a nurse type person told us a former choir director had heard us sing, and wanted to meet us. He said we sounded good, and especially liked "Vive L'Amour," so we sang it for him once. I think he really enjoyed it. I hope he did. It was a wonderful trip and I hope we can make it a permanent facet of Men's Ensamble.

Comments:
Brandon, that is pretty rockin' awesome.
 
sweet! that's awesome how many people liked you're group's singing! but then you guys are so awesome when you sing. heh I feel funny saying 'you guys' now, in Oklahoma it was all y'all, and if i said 'you guys' i got funny looks. Sixteen Tons, I love that song! I'd like to hear it sometime ;)
~Helen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?