Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

First Quarter

One Fourth of the school year has passed, and I feel little changed for it. The most eventful thing to happen was getting DaVinci's Notebook onto my computer. Good music. I'm listening to "Irish Drinking Song." I like this music, it's truly like no other music. I like that it focuses on vocals, which are my favorite part of music. I also like the cheery lyrics. Conveniently, this brings me to my next point. I have decided that the countless angry, death metal bands piss me off. That stuff hardly qualifies as music, and there are so many bands along those same lines that it contradicts their "rebelious" nature. The kids who listen to them frustrate me. There are too many teenagers out there refusing to see how good their lives are. No one seems to want to have a good life; they all need to be rebels, but, again, if they all try to rebel the same way, it's not so rebelious. If they want to be truly rebelious, they should take resposibility for themselves.
Good rant.
Alisha wants everyone to go to bonfire at her house tomorrow, but I don't think I'm going. I work through the best hours of it, and going before would be awkward. I do, however, enjoy my growing familiarity with Lora Anderson. I have Math Analysis with her. I get to talk to her some, and today she professed the intention of visiting me at work. That would be cool. She's told me twice that I have beautiful hair, and asked once about working after school on homework with her. I guess I have to include that it would be an outright lie if I said I wasn't attracted to her.
Back to work. I got about 19-20 hours this week, as opposed to the 4 I got last week. Janielle came in tonight with Kayla and Jenna, and we all talked for a while. I like working at subway.

Comments:
"kill the cast of river dance and michael flatney too"
 
Well I do have to agree with you on the metal bands music, or whatever they call it. That's why I listen to country music - we sing about how great it is to be alive and in love rather than complain about life and other people or talk about death.
I love having friends who work at Subway! you guys are awesome ;)
 
I dunno...I like death metal. Not that crap that all the kids like--but the real death metal. That's hardcore and it's far better than the "angry" bands that are populating the t-shirts around school.

But, yeah--all those bands that people are listening to now (Atreyu et al...) are annoying.

It's Saturday. I'm bored.
 
I don't know if I've heard any "real" deal metal. I'm not sure I'd like it either, because intruments don't do if for me like vocals do.
 
You'll have to hear some Strapping Young Lad or some Devin Townsend Band stuff. Good lyrics...better aggression. Type O Negative is really good, too. They're not really death metal--more like industrial goth, but the keyboard melodies are intense. Besides, you could always learn to do the guttural growl of death metal.
 
Hey hey hey now, what is wrong with angry music.I love angry music and I'm not rebelous.Nor do I think about killing my self(most of the time) Plus Atreyu is like my 2nd fav. band of all time, just following after
 
Hey hey hey now, what is wrong with angry music.I love angry music and I'm not rebelous.Nor do I think about killing my self(most of the time) Plus Atreyu is like my 2nd fav. band of all time, just following after MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.

~~Bucky Mac
 
good luck hunting Brandon! i want a picture of you and your 'turdy point buck' when you get back ;)
~Helen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?