Friday, September 01, 2006

 

8 Planets

The IAU decided to define the term planet. This excludes Pluto from the ranks of the Planet. Now, Its not like I follow astronomy very closly, but in this case I had an acidemic interest in the decision. My persuasive speech for this year is published on this blog here. If you read it, youell discover that my speech was that Pluto shouldn't be a planet, and there are some very good reasons that it shouldn't be. (The Wikipedia link is good) I think its funny to see my idea concluded so favorably. Well, now Mr. Baures can listen to speeches about Pluto should be re-addmitted to planethood.

Comments:
Check it out - Now if you click on the blue star, it will take you to Cheryl's Blog
 
I'm pretty sure the IAU already had a definition of planet. Therefore, they RE-defined the word planet. Gotta pay attention to the semantics if you want people to know what you're talking about!

-jase

~())
 
There was no standard definition of planet before now. I ran across that fact in my research. There were planets, but they weren't held to any criteria.
 
I'm from Mars!!!!
"ACK-ACK ACK ACK! ack ack."
don't listen to old country western music ;D
 
JACK! the classic country is the best what the heck is you talking about?! lol j/k but country music rocks, if that makes any sense...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?