Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Mikey

What does a rock band, three evil stepsisters, and twenty screaming elementry students have in common?
You guessed it: Cinderella!
If you didn't guess it, let me bring you up to speed. Prairie Fire Childner's Theater came to town. Sunday was auditions. Now, I was under the impression that some drama club people would be there; I was dead wrong, to the extent that for the first twenty minutes I was there, there was no oneeven approaching my age (my hopes of Monkeys fading quickly as more and more little kids poured in). Finally, Becca Erickson came in, ending what felt like an eternity of awkwardness.
Auditions were fairly uninteresting, and don't neccesitate recounting.
I was cast as Mikey, a rock star and the second most dreamiest dream boat ever. There wasnt a whole lot of pride in it, even if it was the main male role, as my best competition was 13 years old. I tried to talk him into joining drama club, but he prefers sports. I believe, however, that another kid I talked to will join drama club. Hes only in sixth grade now, which means that, if he joins, he will have a long drama career ahead of him.
Back to Cinderella. The Practices were long and boring, 4 hours a day. But there were only 4 of them, so it wasnt too bad. Cinderella Performed twice, Thursady and Friday. Thursday some Monkeys took it upon themselves to come, which was nice. At curtain call they did a nice "Gimpy, Gimpy!" chant. For pictures with Becca (becca had been cast as cinderella, much to my relief), mike shouted "Gigitty, Gigitty."
They Shared a nice story with me, the script of which would run similar to the following:


Lights up on BUCK, MIKEY, and JB, playing Heroscape, with OTHERS present
BUCK: Wouldn't it be bad if a really hot girl saw us playing this nerdy game?
ALL: (chuckle)
brief pause

Enter LAURA SWENSON

Curtain...


Cinderella was fairly entertaining for the week it lasted, but I am utterly confused at how my mom managed to get a considerable amount of my family to it, but not to The Crucible, which was a far superior production.

Comments:
lol, like the script it made me laugh... nerdy games are fun! sounds like the Cinderella performance went well though, congrats on being the oldest!
~Helen
 
She got more family to come because there was more chance of embarassment on your part!

Aren't mothers lovely? :b

-jase

~())
 
I bet your right.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?