Thursday, October 20, 2005

 

Pieces of poems

The entire poems are on this site
I suggest you read them all

"Tommy"

O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
...
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;


"It's the Soldier"

Which one of you will follow our lead,
To stand and die for what you believe?
For as sure as there is a rising sun,
You'll burn before this Flag burns, son.

"Through a Glass, Darkly"

Perhaps I stabbed our Savior
In His sacred helpless side.
Yet, I've called His name in blessing
When after times I died.
...
Once again I smell the heat sparks
When my Flemish plate gave way
And the lance ripped through my entrails
As on Crecy's field I lay.

"Sniper's Serenity"

I would do it again, once more with pride,
to protect my Marines, the enemy has died.

Comments:
Brando--try reading "Gunga Din" by Rudyard Kipling. Different war, different effect--but same power.
 
Its pretty good, what war is it about?
If you want to read it Click here
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?